Topic: I cannot get back my FF800 from RME service

Hello Guys in RME! Please tell me where is my FF800 device (S/N 22383517, I had also TCO card installed) and why I cannot get it back from your official dealer PROMEDIA, through which I commited it to you by your suggestion for repair estimate. What is the problem?

Re: I cannot get back my FF800 from RME service

Please send email to service@audioag.com

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I want your public reply, because I allready wrote there and sence 20+ days I have no answer to this question.

That's odd. I will find out on Monday. Feel free to remind my by email.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

The unit was here for repair in 2015, but as you apparently declined the price quoted for the repair, it was returned to (and received by) Promedia, also in 2015. We are unaware of what has happened to it since then, and have no record of it. It has not come back to Germany since then.
I'm afraid all we can tell you at this stage is to discuss the matter with Promedia, we have no way to directly influence the proceedings between them and you. We were told that they are in contact with you, however.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Please. It is not Between me and pro-media. This between me and RME. Because RME support told me to go there. I did not go there, by my self. I went there because you suggested me so. Basically now you tell that you are not responsible what your official dealers do?? Right now the last information is that it is in Repair. Who repairs it? NOT RME? Why your official dealer is repairing my device without asking me. Can you answer that? They don't answer my emails, anything. So you do not take responsibility id the device is lost or damaged by your dealer? You should clearly say so, people know what risks they take.I just want it back

Hello,

Promedia is not an official distrubutor as such. Either way, we can not be in control or take responsibility for every action of an independent company.
Promedia sent your device to Germany in 2015, and you declined the quote given for the official repair, after which the unit was returned. We are not aware of its whereabouts and have no further direct influence on the proceedings here, sorry. The unit is not with us. Please discuss the matter with Promedia exclusively.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Well ... you suggest my mistake was to go to this unreliable company called PROMEDIA, to which you have no connection, but your service department still told me to go there over email? It would be wonderful if we solve this thing somehow together and at the end, I have my device back unharmed. Does it sound good?

Promedia are a retailer, but not an official distributor (who supplies gear to retailers).
I did not say we have "no connection", nor did I suggest they are unreliable. They did send your device to us in 2015 and we sent it back. As for the current location and status of the device, we have no information, sorry. Since you once declined the quote for the official repair facility, they apparently did not send the unit to Germany again, and it is not with us now. The rest is totally outside our sphere of influence, I'm afraid. Please phone them...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME