1 (edited by monokai 2018-02-02 10:18:23)

Topic: Question regarding analog channels on the Fireface UCX

Hello,

My goal is to connect 4 stereo channels on a DJ mixer (Like e.g. an Allen & Heath Xone:92). I saw a couple people recommending the RME UCX for this purpose. As I understand it though the analog TRS outputs at the back are each a 'balanced' mono channel? So to connect the mixer i'd need 2 TRS cables per channel to get a stereo channel into it, or can the outputs be stereo so I'd need 4 breakout cables to connect the stereo mixer channels? If they are mono, if I understand correctly, I can only really connect 3 channels on the mixer on it instead of the full 4, or maybe the fourth channel from the headphone out? That seems kind of finnicky.

If each output is mono, it seems like the minimum I'd need is a Fireface 802 which seems to have 4 sets of 2 outputs on the back, which would be quite a bit more expensive than the UCX and has way too many features on it I pretty much won't use. I only really need 1 XLR mic input that I could already use with my Audient ID14 interface I already own.

Am I understanding it right? Just to be sure.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Question regarding analog channels on the Fireface UCX

Yes they are mono and no using the headphones out is not a problem/finicky at all. It will be unbalanced though.
If you go this route make sure you get or make proper cables cause as far as I can see the Dj mixer is unbalanced anayway.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632