Topic: USB PCI card recommendations

Hello, which USB PCI card is compatible with fireface ucx and which chipset I have to choose (I work with windows 7 ultimate) my motherboard is a gigabyte GA-H81M-HD3 and now my fireface ucx non work.... I think that must to upgrade my USB...

Can you recommend me also the best one PCI firewire? Let me know. Thanks

Re: USB PCI card recommendations

I suggest you open a new thread this is about Firewire PCIe cards.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Why...?

4 (edited by ramses 2018-02-12 11:35:48)

Drumsonly wrote:

Why...?

Because in the 1st paragraph you demanded recommendations for an USB PCIe card, see here:

Drumsonly wrote:

Hello, which USB PCI card is compatible with fireface ucx and which chipset I have to choose (I work with windows 7 ultimate) my motherboard is a gigabyte GA-H81M-HD3 and now my fireface ucx non work.... I think that must to upgrade my USB...

And this thread which you re-used for your issue is about Firewire PCI cards. USB != Firewire.
Therefore I suggested to open a new thread, because it would make it for other people like you,
hunting for informations, easier to gather information.

Now after re-reading I see in the last sentence you summarize your request to get recommendation for a PCI Firewire card.

Drumsonly wrote:

Can you recommend me also the best one PCI firewire? Let me know. Thanks

This is really confusing. What do you need now .. a recommendation for an add-on USB or Firewire card ?

Another thing is, the UCX has USB2 and Firewire400. It should be possible to connect the UCX to your PC
the one or other way (USB or Firewire) reliably without having to invest into an additional card, except
that you are potentially running out of ports.

So it would make sense to open a thread of its own for your particular issue as so many things are unclear with your request which obviously has nothing to do with the original posting here from 2013.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13