Topic: HDSP MADI Problem

I finally received the HDSP MADI card today. After instillation of the hardware and drivers, nothing is working. I have icons in my applications folder for the sync and mix programs but when I try to launch them, they crash and quit. I have tried repairing permissions and rebooting with no result. I am currently removing all of the driver instillation that I can and repairing permissions. Then attempting to reinstall. Any thoughts why this would not be working? I am wondering if Leopard is a problem.

PowerMac G5 4.5G RAM OS X 10.5.2 HDSP MADI

Thanks!

Re: HDSP MADI Problem

Sounds like you installed the Intel (x86) drivers on a PPC machine.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Nope, double check and had another engineer check as well. I installed the PPC drivers that were on the page but nothing is working.

Please try a different PCI slot. Also remove other PCI devices if any are present. Is the LED on the slot bracket lit?

If the card is not found at all (System Profiler, see manual) then it might be defective.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi,

I think I found the problem. Will, you installed PPC driver 1.6c from the up-to-date drivers page. This does not support the HDSP MADI card. For some reason the MADI driver for PPC is no longer accessible from the Up-to-date drivers page on the website. It is still available on the driver archive page though: http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads_driver_archive.php

Please remove that 1.6c driver you installed, and get the proper driver (madi_aes_253.gz) and flash update tool (fut_mac_madi.gz) from the link above. Sorry, I missed this when we spoke yesterday.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

you installed PPC driver 1.6c from the up-to-date drivers page. This does not support the HDSP MADI card.

Exactly, and as stated there.

Jeff wrote:

For some reason the MADI driver for PPC is no longer accessible from the Up-to-date drivers page on the website. It is still available on the driver archive page though: http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads_driver_archive.php

The simple reason is that none of this is 'up-to-date'. PPC machines are no longer in production, the corresponding driver and flash tool is more than a year old, drivers limited to just two cards are no longer on our list. Finally we needed a bit more overview on the download page, so we shifted the whole MADI/AES stuff to the archive page.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME