Topic: ADAT Sync problem

Hi there,

my set-up:
PC (Windows XP)
RME Hammerfall DSP 9652
Yamaha 01v96
Cubase SX3

I am trying to configure the RME card with the Yamaha mixer and Cubase. When I enter the settings page for the RME card; I have..

SYNC at ADAT 3 in
SYNC at Word Clock
but
ADAT Sync is at NO LOCK

does this mean even though I have "Sync" at ADAT 3, the ADAT overall is not talking to the mixer because ADAT Sync has "No Lock"? Is it necessary for ADAT Sync to be at "Sync" or not? Since I only have "Sync" at ADAT 3, does this mean I should configure the mixer via ADAT 3 only?

Hope this makes sense. Many thanks in advance!

Re: ADAT Sync problem

You don't say how you are connected to the 01v96 but I'm guessing that you are using the stock ADAT out of the v96 running to ADAT 3 of the HDSP 9652 along with a WC cable running between the two pieces.  If that is the case, then there is nothing wrong in what you describe as ADAT Sync is an INTERNAL connector on the HDSP9652 and would have no bearing on your current setup.  You're good to go with 8 channels of ADAT.

--Dean

HDSP9652 w/ AEB4-I/O - FireFace800 - 2 x Presonus Digimax FS - FriendChip DMX16/18

You don't use the ADAT Sync connector (D-sub 9 pin), so why should it be in sync?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

dstdean wrote:

You don't say how you are connected to the 01v96 but I'm guessing that you are using the stock ADAT out of the v96 running to ADAT 3 of the HDSP 9652 along with a WC cable running between the two pieces.  If that is the case, then there is nothing wrong in what you describe as ADAT Sync is an INTERNAL connector on the HDSP9652 and would have no bearing on your current setup.  You're good to go with 8 channels of ADAT.

--Dean

sorry..

yes, I'm connected as you describe.

Are you saying that the ADAT 1-8 channels in the mixer bear no relation to the ADAT 1-3 connection in the card?

Just to clarify, does this mean I can use/route audio via all ADAT channels (1-8) from the mixer, and they should sucessfully be transmitted though ADAT-3 in the card??

P.S Should my PCs default audio playback/recording device be set to HDSP ADAT Out (3+4) (1) or HDSP ADAT Out (1+2) (1)? and should both playback and recording to set to the same ADAT out?

thanks...

5 (edited by Eugene 2008-07-20 11:54:19)

terrynutkins wrote:

P.S Should my PCs default audio playback/recording device be set to HDSP ADAT Out (3+4) (1) or HDSP ADAT Out (1+2) (1)? and should both playback and recording to set to the same ADAT out?

HDSP manaul says:
HDSP should not be the Preferred Device for playback, as this could cause loss of
synchronization and unwanted noises.

MC wrote:

You don't use the ADAT Sync connector (D-sub 9 pin), so why should it be in sync?

Hallo
Can someone tell me or give the url to know how to sync my Alesis M20 with an old MDD G4 and using a 9652?
Logic or Cubase is the DAW. I neeed to transfer old svhs tapes onto Mac.
Thank you very much
Francis