Topic: Standalone Control Fireface UC

Hi there

If seen al lot of posts with similar problems but didn't find a solution for me so far.
I emulate Mackie Control Messages with a bomebox to select submixes and control their fader volumes like this:
Note Off for Note E-1, velocity 0 (emulation of mcu REC Button 5 to select submix 5)
Pitchbend messages on  midichannel 1 to 8 to control the faders.

I connected the bomebox to the fireface Input 1 with a standard midi cable. I have stereo AND mono channels. Firmware (for mac) is updated, drivers as well. Enable midi-control in totalmix is enabled, mackie-control also. Midi input and output is specified.

And here's the old problem: when my mac is connected to the fireface uc, everything works like it should. But when I unplugg it (I turn off the fireface while totalmix is running, then unplugg the usb-cable, then restart the unit) nothing happens except the LED's indicating that some midi is received and sent.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Daniel

Re: Standalone Control Fireface UC

Does it maybe help to restart TM FX ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I just tried that but without success. It seems as if the fireface wouldn't react on midi-messages when in standalone mode (unplugged from the computer). As soon as i connect the computer, the unit is controllable by exactly the same midi-messages as in standalone mode.

I just did another test: it also doesn't work when totalmix fx is not running, but the computer connected...

I really don't get any further here anymore.
I figured out that standalone mackie-control is kind of working because I do get a a lot of different mackie-like midi-signals back from the unit when i send these rec/rdy-commands (midi-note 1 to 7). Sometimes I even got midi-commands for the faders back, with the correct values. But still no real volume-changes in the submixes.
I tried it with note on --> change volume --> note off
Note off --> note on --> change volume
Note off --> change volume --> note on

But I really couldn't find out how the mackie implementation is on the unit. When connected to the computer (but with the same midi-signals from the external  bome-box) it's as easy as that: note-off for choosing the subix --> change volume --> everybody happy

I'm shure it would be very easy to do, if someone could tell me how. Anyone got an idea?