Topic: ADI-2Pro , AES issue

Hi ,I cant get Logic pro x 10.4 to recognise an AES source from my RME ADI-2 Pro. I have my Masterlink sending an AES audio source to my RME then it is going via USB2 from my RME to Logic pro X, no audio signal is getting received within logic? any ideas??
I have tried every possible way. All cables are working properly and it works fine when recording a guitar etc direct into the RME but the AES signal wont show up in logic X pro 10.4 even though the RME is receiving the Masterlink AES source and appears to be sending it?

Re: ADI-2Pro , AES issue

Looking at the RME  ADI-2pro tech info it says all inputs are routed to USB all outputs are fed from USB, so it looks as though the issue is with the RME device ? as it can send the analogue info to Logic pro X but not the AES info

3 (edited by ramses 2018-04-04 17:35:08)

In which mode do you operate the device ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

As my post, basically it looks as though the ADI pro isnt sending AES or SPDIF data out through the USB cable, issue with machine?

So its set to Basic Mode auto which means all inputs should be routed to USB, even when you specify "AES in" it makes no difference, It looks as though it isnt sending AES or SPDIF information through USB to Logic pro X which it should be doing according to the manual and how it has been set up. .

6 (edited by ramses 2018-04-04 19:01:45)

What does the State Overview show ? Do you get a sync via AES ?

Do you use a proper cable for AES with an impedance of 110 Ohm ? Tried another one ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

The unit ships in stereo mode. To use AES you have to change to Multi-channel mode. After that you have to check that the AES input is SYNC, or change the clock settings so it does.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME