Topic: Help configuring UFX/iPad for music videos?

I recently purchased a Fireface UFX (with current firmware) to interface with a new IPad Pro (iOS) to record music videos using iPad video apps such as ProMovie or Mavis software that supports the use of external microphones and interface configurations.  I have two Shure SM81 condenser mics with XLR connectors that require 48V phantom power.  I purchased the UFX as a high quality audio preamp/interface to the iPad for videos.  I configured the UFX for Class Compliant mode (cc), using the Apple Camera Adaptor (lightning to USB).  The CC connection between the UFX and the iPad pro and TotalMix software works fine. 

I must confess that I'm a bit overwhelmed by the complexity of the UFX in terms of configuring the inputs/outputs and various features. I have configured the UFX XLR Mic inputs (9 and 10) for the Shure SM81 mics. However, I'm having difficulty with the output.  I cannot get the iPad video app to receive the sound.  The apps (ProMovie and Mavis) recognize the Fireface UFX and support external mics.  My question is, what is the proper output configuration for processed sound to route to the iPad video app through the USB cable and Apple Camera Connector to the iPad app? 

I apologize if this issue has already been addressed but I couldn't find any specific info on this configuration.  Also, as a new user, I'm not sure if this configuration is workable or even possible at this time.  Has anyone else tried this and can possibly assist?  Thank you!
Larry

Re: Help configuring UFX/iPad for music videos?

In TotalMix FX for iPad, route the mic input channels to Analog Output channels 1/2. There hit the Loopback button. The apps will now see that signal as input.

Make sure the apps don't activate monitoring, or route the standard playback 1/2 to outputs 3/4 only, otherwise feedback will occur.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME