Topic: Once again UFX is bugged out for me

I have a weird problem going on with my UFX.

I keep hearing a disconnected usb sound from my windows ten system every few seconds. I go into device manager, everything seems fine, but every time the usb disconnected sound occurs the device manager "refreshes" the list - something is clearly wrong here.

I turn off the UFX and use my headphones with built in sound device and the problem goes away, so its UFX related.

Other issues:

I can be listening to spotify, then play a youtube video and youtube video has no sound. Change to my headphones and built in sound and then youtube video has sound. So UFX seems to work some times and not other times - this makes even less sense to me.

I only just recently got my power supply fixed which cost me a lot, and now only after a mere few months this is happening.....

I have nothing but problem and after problem with this device and it was expensive as heck.

What can i do to fix this problem ? I am on the latest windows ten drivers for the device. And am on UFX version 1.63

Any suggestions on how to fix this ?

2 (edited by ramses 2018-05-26 05:39:14)

Re: Once again UFX is bugged out for me

Hi sad to hear. A couple of questions to gather information and trying to solve the issue:

1. What Windows 10 version do you have ? 1709 or 1803 ?
2. Which mainboard do you have ?
3. 1.63 is the UFX firmware version, what is the USB driver version ?
4. How long is your USB cable ?
5. Did you try already another USB cable ?
6. Can you try the UFX on another PC ?
7. To which USB port on your mainboard did you connect the UFX ? Is this a port from Intel or AMD chipset or which one ?
8. Do you see USB transmission errors in the USB Diagnose of RME driver settings window (not 100% sure whether the RME USB driver supports this).
9. Did you try all other USB ports (also USB3 ports in USB2 compat mode) ?
10. On the device: Setup -> Options -> HW/Diagnostics: What are the test results of your device ?

As you said the device was very expensive. Did you buy the UFX new (1st owner) or used ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13