Topic: Mono mic input on Babyface Pro

Hi,
After a successful installation I have been playing around with the TotalMix software and begin to really like it. One thing that bothers me though, is my microphone input.

From hardware side, this microphone is plugged in via the XLR1 port, which is the AN1/2 within TotalMix. Signals are fine. Naturally this signal is mono. In TotalMix I can work around this issue by splitting up the AN1/2 into two separate channels and have the AN1 fader then point to Center. I can hear the signal being divided on both stereo channels on my headphones, which are connected on the interface at the PH3/4 port.

However, when I am trying to use the signal through the WDM recording device AN1+2, this signal is a mono signal and I am only able to hear it on the left side. Regardless of what I am trying to set in TotalMix, it stays mono .

Only if I create a loopback on one of the hardware output devices the signal becomes stereo.

Is this a bug? Or a wrong configuration that I have overseen somewhere?

I am using the driver version 1.099 on the latest Windows 10 build.

Re: Mono mic input on Babyface Pro

The signal has to be mono, because otherwise how would you record stereo?
It's a question of how your recording application, which needs to be able to record mono channels, and then handle them correctly in the project, i.e. centered, with pan control.
Try Reaper or another ASIO based application.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME