Topic: Digiface USB issue...

Hello RME;

For some reason I keep getting two ‘last.DigifaceUSB.xml’ files as shown/described below - any idea how to stop this from happening?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r3znbgo5bb8y … g_4la?dl=0

Here are the exact steps which reproduce the issue every time:

1) Disconnect device and delete the following files as per manual:

/Applications/Fireface USB Settings
/Applications/Totalmix
/System/Library/Extensions/FirefaceUSB.kext
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/de.rme-audio.TotalmixFX.plist
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/de.rme-audio.Fireface_USB_Settings.plist
/Library/LaunchAgents/de.rme-audio.firefaceUSBAgent.plist

2) Connect device and install latest driver and firmware - please see subsequent screen shot below which shows ‘correct’ device serial number (237*****)

3) Put computer to sleep and/or disconnect digiface - please see subsequent screen shot below which shows ‘incorrect’ device serial number (0)

Thanks in advance, SH42

Re: Digiface USB issue...

Iit seems the driver is not able to read the serial number in such cases, it is shown as 0 then. From your description it is not clear if this is a lasting effect. You showed screenshots with 0 - was the DF USB usable in that moment? Or did you have to reboot?

I was not able to reproduce this effect but we will examine that nevertheless.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Matthias.

I've owned an original Babyface since early 2012, and never experienced this issue (or any other issue for that matter)...

Please note that the device does function properly when either (237*****) or (0) is active; however, Digicheck does not seem to work with device (0), and results in the following message when attempting to activate audio processing: "Opening audio device: Invalid device selected or no device available."

Also, it does become slightly annoying when I've been using Ableton/Logic/Audition/ect and have to reconfigure the audio device settings each time the device numbers 'switch'.

From your description it is not clear if this is a lasting effect.

It seems to randomly switch from one to the other, always triggered by me logging out, restarting, or MBP sleeping, but I'd say the DF USB definitely favours device (0) most of the time...

You showed screenshots with 0 - was the DF USB usable in that moment? Or did you have to reboot?

Yes, the DF USB works perfectly fine when either device is selected - sometimes all of the TMFX settings will be reset, in which case I just have to load my previously saved Workspace file...

Thanks again and much appreciated

Hello Matthias

Further to my previous message, I dug my old iMac out of storage for testing purposes and I was instantly able to replicate the same type of behaviour that I’ve previously experienced so the problem must be specific to my DF USB - please visit link below for Setup #2 screenshots…

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r3znbgo5bb8y … g_4la?dl=0

Setup #1 Summary:

Computer >> MBP 15” 2016
OS Version >> macOS HS 10.13.5
DF USB / Computer Connection Type >> Belkin TB3 Dock

Setup #2 Summary:

Computer >> iMac 21.5” Mid 2011
OS Version >> OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
DF USB / Computer Connection Type >> Direct USB2 Cable

Thanks for the details, we'll look at it next week.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME