1 (edited by ramses 2018-07-13 12:41:55)

Topic: 5.91 Issue using saved workspace: Opening Audio Device: Error number 4

Hi,

I am using Digicheck while listening to Music and created a workspace where 5 Digicheck Windows show the Playback via UFX+ Analog Out 1+2.

Today I got 5 error messages which I had to confirm one after the other "Opening Audio Device: Error number 4".
When looking at the input device setup I noticed that all fields were empty: ASIO driver, device, channel, Source.

The issue was, that I had my 2nd UFX+ powered on, which I usually do not have on when listening to music.

I had a certain idea, that perhaps the new "sort ASIO devices" function in the MADIface driver might help, but it didn't solve the issue.

Is there a way that RME could kindly "teach"/expand DIGIcheck to reliably find the proper driver/device on its own,
no matter whether one or two UFX+ are powered on on my system ?

Workaround would be to use 2 different workspaces, nicer would be that Digicheck is aware of a multi-device setup and detects the proper device from workspace config.

That would be great, many thanks.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: 5.91 Issue using saved workspace: Opening Audio Device: Error number 4

Any idea ? Is there something that I could do to prevent this ? Or does Digicheck need smth like an extension ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

The workaround with 2 workspaces is the solution. I don't think we can address the issue, because DC does not know which UFX+ is which one.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by ramses 2018-07-22 14:37:20)

Thanks for the reply, ok no problem. Workspaces are very easy to use and I can "pin" the most important easily (rightclick to the DIGIcheck ICON in the Windows taksbar).