Topic: ARC USB standalone problem (UFXII)

I have totalmixFX running Windows 10 and the ARC USB attached directly to my UFX II.

Having made changes to the ARC USB layout, I unplug the laptop USB connection to the UFX II and the ARC buttons don't work.  I unplug and re-plug the USB cable directly to to the UFX II, nothing changes.  It does it's startup light dance and then the same buttons are unresponsive.

Dim for example won't work.

So I reattach the USB cable to the laptop, connect to totalmixFX and the ARC is working again.  Exactly how I last configured it.

Anyone seen this problem?  Search showed issues with ARC but could not find a duplicate of this issue.

Re: ARC USB standalone problem (UFXII)

Thinking perhaps the popup "Yes to upload settings to device, No to use device settings" when I reattach the laptop, I just made sure to choose "Yes".

Same problem.  Encoder for main volume works, as well as the four buttons directly above the encoder for MONO, Vol PH 1 VOL PH 2, EXT INP.  And they light up when pressed and change the purpose of the main encoder.

However the 3 bottom buttons are dead and the top 8.

Have just updated to the current 0.9673 driver and the firmware version 11.  restarted and powered on off the UFX II.

In totatmixFX I have reset the ARC USB settings to default.

Now unplug the laptop.  (ARC USB remote was working fine up to this moment)

Press DIM button.

The Record/Playback window pops up on my UFX II!

The ARC USB comes with a manual. It explains the very limited button control in stand-alone mode - chapter 8. There is no way to store ARC USB setups into the unit.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME