Topic: Curious Crash - anyone else?

Hello:
Running: RME UFX+ 9624--> USB3 into Dell 4600 workstation laptop running W7pro with PMX11 (dual screen ASUS on a USB2 port) recording to external SSD T5 Samsung drive (eFat format) on the same USB3 card in laptop as the RME.

Perfect for over a week then 30 seconds into concert (World Premiere no less), All screens freeze and I see on TotalMix window "Disconnected" on top of bar (this window is also froze). I can scroll to RME Hammerfall driver and see the clock/input is missing and default to 44.1 No USB info from UFX+. Luckily, I set the RME as back up to record the direct ouputs of all lines to the units USB interface (THANK YOU RME for saving the show as you continued to record without glitch!).

After doing a complete shut down of the computer and restart - the project would open in PMX but would not allow for a new file to be recorded. I create a new project on the internal drive and no problem - continue to record the rest of the concert on the laptop. I am blaming the Samsung SSD T5 drive as it gave me an error when I tried to copy the continuation of the rest of the concert from internal drive to it as back up. But when scanned today, it shows no errors and is working properly. The question is if anyone has had similar failures and what did your diagnostics show? I am still suspect of this SSD drive even though it is brand new- should I reformat to NTSC?

Again - thank you RME for saving the show - the internal "Record direct to USB3" is a game changer

2 (edited by ramses 2018-08-05 18:29:42)

Re: Curious Crash - anyone else?

> Again - thank you RME for saving the show - the internal "Record direct to USB3" is a game changer

Durec is USB2 not USB3.

Your setup appears strange to me
- external SSD via USB3 on same port as the UFX+
- 2 screens via USB2

Get a big enough Samsung 860 EVO and build the SSD into the Laptop.
This free's up USB3, so that the UFX+ will be the only interface connected via USB3.
I would connect a big enough screen to the Video output of your Laptop and not use such error prone USB solutions,
that are known to fail, even in a normal office environment.
If you need more screens for TotalMix, then think of using TotalMix Remote, then you can run this via a 2nd Laptop which could otherwise act as reserve device.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13