Topic: UFX + ADAT 2 input

I'm buying a UAD OX guitar fx unit and it has a TOSLINK SPDIF digital output. Upon reading the UFX + manual I was pleasantly surprised to see that the ADAT 2 input is selectable to either ADAT or SPDIF!! GREAT thinking RME!
My question is, can this input take either a 44.1K input if I have my RME locked to an external 48K wordclock device, without causing any issues? Will it convert to 48K automatically? The UAD digital outs only supports 44.1K.

Thanks, G
MacPro 2013, 10.12.4, 128GB ram, and two other MacPro slaves
Cubase10
UFX+ ARC USB remote

Re: UFX + ADAT 2 input

The UFX+ does not include a sample rate converter, so to use this you need an external SRC or work at 44.1 kHz...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by gkm 2018-08-08 20:56:49)

Ahhhh! OK, thanks.

Thanks, G
Cubase10
UFX+ ARC USB remote

Matthias,  is it the same for the AES input?

Thanks, G
Cubase10
UFX+ ARC USB remote

yes

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

gkm wrote:

I'm buying a UAD OX guitar fx unit and it has a TOSLINK SPDIF digital output. Upon reading the UFX + manual I was pleasantly surprised to see that the ADAT 2 input is selectable to either ADAT or SPDIF!! GREAT thinking RME!
My question is, can this input take either a 44.1K input if I have my RME locked to an external 48K wordclock device, without causing any issues? Will it convert to 48K automatically? The UAD digital outs only supports 44.1K.

Have you tried this yet? Also wondering if you can split Mic one and Mic two on OX to get stereo (2 channels pan left/right) via spdif. Hope that makes sense lol.
Kenny