Topic: Fireface uc audio routing issue with modular

Hi all,

I'm lost on how to handle this and I'm quite new to this device. I read the manual and tried a number of things but it just ain't working. Here's the thing:

I'm sending audio from Ableton 10 to ADAT out ch11. ADAT out is connected to expert sleepers es3 module which outs that audio into modular system. I want to monitor the audio from the modular system going back into hardware input 7/8 on fireface. Output 7/8 fireface is going into a mackie and then to speakers.

Ok, here's the problem. I'm hearing the software playback also from out 7/8. I only want to hear the modular hardware out. It just keeps sending software playback to main out / 7/8.

I feel like a total noob. Can someone help me out please. I tried routing in totalmix but no success.

Much appreciated,  Martijn

Re: Fireface uc audio routing issue with modular

In total mix.  Assuming you are monitoring 1-2... Assuming you are using 3 rows in totalmix...

Click the row 3 1-2, then pull down the middle row 7-8 fader.  You should now no longer hear the software playback.

Re: Fireface uc audio routing issue with modular

The main output was assigned to PH 7/8 and PH 7/8 was linked to AS1 of the software playback.

It works, I can listen to software playback only via ADAT->ES3->modular mixer->mackie->speakers!

Thanks, weight from my shoulders was lifted...