1 (edited by loopbreaker 2018-10-08 13:15:07)

Topic: MultifaceII - Headphone Output Problem // Panorama L21 = Center

Hi.

My Multiface II Headphone-Output doesn't work correct.
I have to Panorama it to L21, that the Output sounds "centered".

I think the Problem, consists since the beginning I've bought the MultifaceII,
and i didn't recognized it, because I thoght the loudness difference between Left and Right on the Headphones, comes from my bursting Eardrum, which I suffered during this time. And normaly I use another HeadphoneAmp for Recording, and didn't often used Headphones.

Now, I want to use the Multiface II Headphone Out (because it sounds better than the SPDIF HeadphoneAmp i used for recording), and the only solution, it seams, is to Panorama the Headphone Out to "L21" (but i think between L21 and  L20 would be correct).

The MultifaceII stands there, on it's place on my table, since i've unpacked it, and it's allways
handled carefully.

Can somebody give me advice, how i can handle with this misbehave? (maybe a passive Monitor Controller with Panorama hmm)

Warranty is expired, but maybe RME is accommodating and fix it for free? (i've allways used it with great care, and i think it's not my fault that it is broken. Of course, it's my fault, that i not testedt it correctly and warranty is expired...)

Have somebody a glue, what could be broken on my Multiface, which cause this behavior?

Best Regards

HDSPe MADI FX, HDSPe Multiface, 2ADI2-PRO, ADI2,
Nuendo 10.3, Bitwig 3
win10, Ubuntu 20

2 (edited by ramses 2018-10-08 14:56:01)

Re: MultifaceII - Headphone Output Problem // Panorama L21 = Center

Maybe eventually try to full reset TM FX.
There are several options for this in the TotalMix FX pulldown menues.

Or to bypass TM FX and use DAW mode, by this you could cross check against maybe bad TM FX behaviour (which I normally wouldn't expect).

Do you use latest Firmware and ASIO driver software ? Which one ?

Maybe try to change L/R on the phones to find out whether maybe one side of the phones has a defect.
Or use other phones to cross check whether it has the same behaviour, that one side is louder than the other.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by loopbreaker 2018-10-09 14:47:02)

Thank you ramses!

I ll try to reset everything and than update everything.

On Friday I'll buy new headphones, and will test it with them...

My "1xstereo MINIKlinke to 2xMONOKlinke Wire" is missing, so i can't test it right now, but no later than Friday i'll have a new one...

Nuendo 10.3, Bitwig 3
win10, Ubuntu 20

4 (edited by loopbreaker 2018-10-09 20:35:32)

I've resetet TotalMix,
Updated Driver (and restart),
Updated Firmware (power of, and power on)
Tested a second Klinke-to-miniKlinke-adapter, with 2 Headphones:
no improvement sad

I think I'll have to buy a headphoneAmp, and don't use the HeaphoneOut of my MultifaceII anymore.

BR

Nuendo 10.3, Bitwig 3
win10, Ubuntu 20