1 (edited by SSN 2018-12-23 17:27:04)

Topic: RME UFX + using Lightning to USB-C Cable & Lighting to USB-A

Hello my fellow RME folks !
I have been using a fire face 800 for over 10 years now absolutely rock solid flawless I finally upgraded to a UFX plus knowing I’m gonna to be getting an updated computer next year currently I’m running a Mac Pro 2009 that just has older USB, FireWire 800 and 400 inputs.

My question is with the new UFX plus could I run a thunderbolt to USB cable and not have any audio issues obviously there is no thunderbolt or USB To FireWire 800 that I know of on the market.

Thanks for your help and insight

Re: RME UFX + using Lightning to USB-C Cable & Lighting to USB-A

Yes. Apart from there exists no Thunderbolt to USB cable. These are all USB-C to USB 3 cables, we explained TB3 adapters/docks in the other thread. That said you better use the TB3 to TB2 adapter to connect the UFX+ via TB!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you MC ! I appreciate you insight and help !

Sorry if this was addressed elsewhere, but i can't seem to find the answer. Is there a recommended TB3 to 2 adapter for Windows 10?

benwahster wrote:

Sorry if this was addressed elsewhere, but i can't seem to find the answer. Is there a recommended TB3 to 2 adapter for Windows 10?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019F … &psc=1

UFX+ x2 ; Babyface Pro x2; UFX Original;  Windows 10 64 bit ; Intel core i9 9900KS CPU; 64 Gig DDR4

Thanks RuffRider