Topic: Fireface 400 cubase 9.5 audio dropouts

I'm sure I'm no the first to have this problem. I have the buffer set to 1024 and I just get dropouts from Cubase, don't get dropouts whilst playing music or anything else though. I have a TI firewire card. Am I missing something? I've got the latest drivers and firmware, is there a specific firewire card recommendation? are there specific settings in Cubase that I don't know about, I've been through the studio settings and as far as I can tell there is not a lot to fiddle with. any help towards the path of fixinf this would be appreciated

Re: Fireface 400 cubase 9.5 audio dropouts

Unfortunately there is one TI chip with problems. You can find which one somewhere here on the forum and see if that is the culprit.
Find out your chip and do a search here.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

3 (edited by ramses 2019-01-27 13:01:08)

XIO2200A is the problematic TI chip.

And .. you didn't tell which OS you use.
Firewire support in Win10 is not so good anymore I read in a few posts if I remember right.

Maybe time to convert to USB ... Firewire can be regarded as legacy technology.
If it works and you are satisfied with it, good. Otherwise consider an upgrade.
With Apple its still an option to use Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Old Cubase tip was to disable multicore processing, or deactivate Hyperthreading.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sadly it is windows 10 I use. I disabled multicore processing and Cubase simply couldn't cope. I've tried legacy drivers for my firewire card which I read may have made a difference, but didn't. Its looking increasingly like a new interface which frankly is a pain. Just as a last ditch, I'm assuming the chip name will be on my firewire card? as opposed to be able to view in control panel. What a shame because I love my fireface. probably more than I need. So what do you guys recommend. I have no outboard but do have an adat unit giving me 8 preamp ins if I need them, so technically I only need an interface with speaker and headphone out with an adat in.