Topic: 'Name (user)' in the Channel Layout screen

Is it possible to name channels and outputs? We have the three Layout screen tabs with 'Name (user)' and front panel 'Names' toggle, which would suggest the function (option).
But from what I gather it seems it's only use is listing the existing 'Main and 'Speaker B names.
Or perhaps it has another function?
Thanks

Re: 'Name (user)' in the Channel Layout screen

Sorry, I do not understand the issue. Do you have perhaps a screen shot, which makes it more clear
what you mean by "Name(user)" etc ?

You can give already all channels a user defined name, except those in the control room section.
This is being achieved by double clicking to the name.
With the "Name" button in the "View Options" (upper right) you can toggle between user defined and original channel names.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

> You can give already all channels a user defined name, except those in the control room section.

These can be renamed in the Channel Layout dialog (column Name (User)). Like all channels.

What mixsit wants is also unclear to me as he seems to know that functionality already.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by mixsit 2019-02-17 19:33:05)

MC wrote:

> You can give already all channels a user defined name, except those in the control room section.

These can be renamed in the Channel Layout dialog (column Name (User)). Like all channels.

What mixsit wants is also unclear to me as he seems to know that functionality already.

Very good. Now I see where -and how I went wrong. My goal specifically was to rename the two main outs for configuration to the two sets of monitors. I apparently doubled clicked on everything but in regular channel name in the mixer.
Thank you!