Topic: Babyface pro standalone

Hi. I'm a bit confused how the standalone should work. I plugged my mono-synth to input 3, and i'm hearing it only from left speaker. Pluggin it to input 4, sound goes to the right speaker. I'm not able to balance it with L&R output channels. Headphones doesnt give any signal.

Opening computer and totalmix i can set it work fine, sound from both speakers and also from headphones. According what i know you cant save settings to hardware, and after powering off Rme it will lose those settings.

So is it like that how standalone works with its default settings? I feel like its a bit useless cause i have to set it anyway on totalmix to get it work how i want.

Re: Babyface pro standalone

As the manual says: ...While the setup is simplified (no panorama available)...

> Headphones doesnt give any signal.

Sure they do. You have to select output 3/4 then Mix then turn the dial on the input channel.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks. Yes i get sound now from headphones, from left cone. Guess i can live with these limitations.

You can pan this signal to center in the TotalMix input row, you just need to first split AN 3/4 from a stereo pair to 2 mono channels (AN 3, AN 4). Click the tool/wrench icon along the side of the channel strip for channel settings.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

You can pan this signal to center in the TotalMix input row, you just need to first split AN 3/4 from a stereo pair to 2 mono channels (AN 3, AN 4). Click the tool/wrench icon along the side of the channel strip for channel settings.

Yes. I was just hoping to do this in standalone mode without pc. Havent tried yet but i suppose inputs 1&2 works similar as a stereo pair. I wonder is this about the technical execution possibilities or how did RME figure this?