Topic: UFX+ to Octamic XTC MADI latency

Looking to purchase a Fireface UFX+ and an Octamic XTC. Planning to interconnect them via MADI. What would be the added latency between the Octamic and the UFX+ due to the MADI interface, ie what would be the difference in delay from mic analog input to the XTC compared to mic analog input to a UFX+ mic pre? Note: I plan to interface the UFX+ to a PC using Thunderbolt, but my question is specifically about the MADI contribution to the latency.

2 (edited by ramses 2019-03-15 22:21:51)

Re: UFX+ to Octamic XTC MADI latency

See XTC handbook chapter 10.1 .. 3 samples per unit ... microseconds ..

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: UFX+ to Octamic XTC MADI latency

Ok thanks ramses. I read the manual and understand now. I also see in section 27.3 that there is a 12.6 sample latency in the AD conversion in the XTC, which is identical to the UFX+. So only the 3 sample difference is relevant to any phase offset concerns.

I have a similar question regarding ADAT inputs to the UFX+, eg I have a UFX I plan to connect to the UFX+ via ADAT. I will run the UFX in standalone mode. So, the question is: what would be the difference in delay from analog input to the UFX compared to analog input to a UFX+, as seen by the PC / DAW S/W?