Topic: Sansa mp3 playback sound is muted every other second

I have a BabyFace Pro and Windows 10 and a small Sansa clip looking MP3 player. The mp3 player plays drum tracks in .mp3 format. The mp3 player, when plugged into instrument 4 input and then headphone out to powered monitor speakers, plays, but there is a "wash" pattern or the track mutes every 0.5 seconds for about 5miliseconds.

A. Do you know if BabyFace Pro and some pro mixing boards have problems with certain mp3 formats, 44.1Khz, 16 bit it should be normal.
B. Do you have suggestions for how to look for a handheld device that can playback drum tracks? I think I may revert to .wav files instead of mp3 for example.

I actually discovered this when I tried the sansa mp3 player on stage with a sound guy, and everything was normal, 1/8 to 1/4 cable from mp3 player to his mixing board. But something similar happened, the sound was like muted in a pattern, or I could only hear a snare beat, no cymbals or kick. So I am glad to see that my normal BabyFace Pro has a similar issue as at the club, so I know more about needing to fix this issue so it won't happen again.

troubleshooting:
1. When I plug Sansa mp3 player into desktop speakers, it works, normal drum track is heard.
2. I know it's not the cable also as it works when I plug it into a Roland keybaord/drum Amp.
3. I know it's not a setting on BabyFace or in DAW or TotalMix, because I instantly switch to iPhone jack and iPhone plays a song.