Topic: Daisychain UFX+ and UCX

Hello,
Newbie here. I have been searching the forum and out in the wild in the internet for answers on daisy-chaining UFX+ and UCX. I haven't found anything straightforward yet. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a UFX+ connected to an iMac (Thunderbolt 3) via a Thunderbolt 2 adapter. It works like a charm. But, I have used all my analog ports on the UFX+ and have more analog 'in'. I wondered if I could daisy chain an UCX to my UFX+ and use the ADAT i/o on the both to extend my analog i/o.

I saw an old video on daisy chaining two FF800s, but the connection seemed to be via firewire 800 ports in addition to the word clock. Has anyone done this in the UFX+, because the UFX+ only has one Thunderbolt 2 port.

I would really appreciate any advice!

Re: Daisychain UFX+ and UCX

Described in the manual: Aggregate Device mode. You will not 'daisy chain' as one is TB and the other USB (or FW). You need to sync the interfaces correctly (again, see manual).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Daisychain UFX+ and UCX

sriramb24 wrote:

Hello,
Newbie here. I have been searching the forum and out in the wild in the internet for answers on daisy-chaining UFX+ and UCX. I haven't found anything straightforward yet. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a UFX+ connected to an iMac (Thunderbolt 3) via a Thunderbolt 2 adapter. It works like a charm. But, I have used all my analog ports on the UFX+ and have more analog 'in'. I wondered if I could daisy chain an UCX to my UFX+ and use the ADAT i/o on the both to extend my analog i/o.

I saw an old video on daisy chaining two FF800s, but the connection seemed to be via firewire 800 ports in addition to the word clock. Has anyone done this in the UFX+, because the UFX+ only has one Thunderbolt 2 port.

I would really appreciate any advice!

Which Thunderbolt 2 to 3 adapter do you use?