1 (edited by riffwraith 2019-08-23 03:00:22)

Topic: RME card breakout cable AES - which is in, which is out?

Hi

I have a breakout cable for my HDSPE pcie card. The AES - is the male the input, or the female?

Thanks in advance.

2 (edited by ramses 2019-08-23 06:18:09)

Re: RME card breakout cable AES - which is in, which is out?

http://www.rme-audio.de/images/products/products_fireface_ufx-plus_3b.jpg

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71HjKOfk7FL._SL1500_.jpg

4 (edited by ramses 2019-08-23 15:34:35)

Sry, but you didn't seem to get the point.

The intention why I sent you the picture of the UFX+ is, that the AES IN and OUT ports are labaled.
So there you can see what is IN and OUT by looking at Male and Female plug.

While thinking about it the Plugs are standardized on clock giving and receiving device and also on the cable itself.
You can't plug it wrong by this.

Don't forget to use a digital cable with 100 Ohm, not a Mic XLR cable.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by riffwraith 2019-08-23 15:33:17)

Sry, but you didn't seem to get the point.

Cant read whats in the pic. Wouldn't it have been much easier to just type the word male, or female, from the outset than all of that?

Thank you for the answer

6 (edited by ramses 2019-08-23 17:03:41)

So somebody with a little bit of humour would have said now, "I could have gotten it myself", than complaining about that you "only" got one picture sent (which in fact included the info).

That I didn't send the picture without reason and that an internet browser has a zoom function should be clear.

I have looked through 2 HDSPe manuals for you whether this would be a useful source of information, but found nothing in them. Also not in the UFX+ manual. Then I had the idea to look at the back of a few devices and that brought the solution for you. That was enough work on my side.

Now please don't talk about any expenses that you would allegedly have just because you got the solution in the form of a graphic.

Apart from that, the plugs and cables are so standardized in my opinion that you can only plug them in properly.

Um.... Err.... These things aren't called male and female without reason (cough...).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

The fig leaf is the problem...

Some of my 'stuff'. https://www.youtube.com/user/puutappi