1 (edited by Lisa Gerrard 2019-08-27 20:30:26)

Topic: Brand new ADI-2 DAC turns off if moved, faulty cable?

Hi everybody! Today I received my ADI-2 DAC, everything seems working good, but as soon as I move it or if I just touch the cable between it and the external power supply, it turns off for 1 or 2 seconds, after it turns on again. It looks like DC input socket of the DAC and its cable don’t join firmly or the connector of the cable between DAC and the external switched power supply is faulty.
Now I am wondering if return it for a new one or try and buy a new cable or a new power supply

Re: Brand new ADI-2 DAC turns off if moved, faulty cable?

You missed the locking mechanism on the DC power supply barrel. Take a look, the fins need to slot in to the cutouts on the DAC's port.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

YES!!! You are completely right, thanks for help, sorry for such a silly question, but it’s the first time I see this kind of locking mechanism

By the way, my chain is: PC, DAC (USB connection), integrated amp (unbalance connection), speakers. If I turn off the DAC I can hear a low noise from speakers, it raises when I turn up volume knob of my amp and it disapears when I select another input, or when I turn on DAC again, is this normal

That is called ground loop called by multiple grounding connections. It can be solved sometimes by adding another ground connection directly to the ADI-2 DAC, or by using better cinch cables.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

You OWN this Lisa.   Honest goof.   Listen to Matthias.  You'll be fine!!

Enjoy!!

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes