Topic: Fireface UFX ll suddenly giving me problems on Logic Prox

Hello,

I've had this interface for about a year and it has gone smoothly on my Macbook Pro/Logic Pro X on Yosemite.  Suddenly, without having changed any settings or upgraded anything, about a week ago or so I started getting the infamous "Error while trying to sync audio and midi / different sample rate detected"...  I'm not using any plugins, just recording a simple acoustic guitar with 1 mic on a new project.  This is not happening while using my Focusrite so I'm confident the issue is related to my RME.  Other stuff that has been happening only with my RME is a USB port not detecting it and also the faders on the tracks being used to record getting some unwanted minor signal going up and down maybe translating to noise (I'm having a hard time describing this as you can see... sorry).

So I tried a few things before discovering that none of this happened with my FR.  I updated my OS to Mojave in order to update my Logic Pro to the latest version, updated my RME software.  I reset my USB ports on my mac.  I've tried to reset my RME to factory settings but haven't found how to do this properly so I'm pretty sure I haven't succeeded...

Any how, I want to try to fix this myself before sending it back to Sweetwater (still under the 2 year warranty) and not know how long they would keep it and most importantly, if they get it fixed.

Any ideas on how to fix this or suggestions?  How do I reset my RME to factory settings?
thanks and cheers!

Re: Fireface UFX ll suddenly giving me problems on Logic Prox

How do I reset my RME to factory settings?

Press the SETUP/REV key, go to SETUPS > LOAD SETUP, select FACTORY and load the default setup.

Did you also flash the new firmware with the Flash Update Tool? You might need this with the updated driver.

I think this is more likely to be a USB problem. Could you try with other USB devices disconnected?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank you Jeff,

Yes, I updated my flash tool to v3.16.  I also did a total reset of my Totalmix and now I can't get any audio to come from the headphones.  Man I've spent days on this thing now.  I'm uninstalling and reinstalling all drivers now. 

I'm not plugging any other USB devices.  Only today one of my 2 USB ports failed to recognize the RME (the one I use the most due to convenience of placement).  I thing that's when I reset my USB ports (or attempted to), restarted everything and it went back to recognize it, but still having the same "error syncing" issue.  What makes me doubt it has anything to do with the USB or computer is that the Focusrite seems completely fine.

Try a different USB cable. If that makes no difference you will have to return the unit for checking.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you MC,

After doing and redoing several things (reinstalling software, reseting everything) it seems to be working for now.  If the problem comes back I'll try a different cable.  I will keep you posted. Thanks again