Topic: ADI-2 Pro FS + Sennheiser IE 500 (ground) noise

Dear Friends,

I have been enjoying my new ADI-2 Pro FS BE for nearly two months, but now I ran into a noise issue with
my new Sennheiser IE 500 (in ear) headphones.

As soon as I plug the headphones and switch on the ADI-2 Pro FS, without any audio sources or further cables connected, I get an audible noise, which sounds like the typical "ground issues noise". As soon as I touch the case, the noise disappears.
This happens on both headphone outputs.

I have tried two pairs of the Sennheiser IE 500, because I thought, the first pair would be defective. With the second pair, it
is even much worse.

So, I suppose, it is related to the headphones, as I did not have any issues with my Sennheiser HD 660S and AKG K 812.

Does anybody have an idea, why I get this kind of noise with the in ears ? And why would there be strong differences between the two pairs of headphones (600 EUR "premium" headphones) ?

Thanks!

Best wishes,
Thomas

Re: ADI-2 Pro FS + Sennheiser IE 500 (ground) noise

Several times explained in this forum. The leakage current from the switched power supply runs over the earphone and your body to ground, causing an audible effect in the headhone drivers. Ground/earth the ADI and it will be gone.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME