Topic: ADI 2 PRO combined with UFX 2

Hi,

I have both units connected to USB, the MADIFace Settings see both, but ASIO don't. They seem to have different lives as I can select different latency for both, etc. Is there a procedure to link them as one, to be seen by ASIO in Pro Tools ? The exact steps ?

Thank You.

2 (edited by ramses 2019-09-02 20:46:35)

Re: ADI 2 PRO combined with UFX 2

This is how I integrate my ADI-2 PRO FS BE into my setup in kind of stand-alone mode with USB disconnected.

See my blog article: http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … our-Setup/

UFX II will be clock master, ADI-2 Pro FS will learn clock via either AES, ADAT or optical  SPDIF, depending on how you connect it to the UFX II.

The ADI-2 Pro will receive the clock from the UFX II, refresh the clock signal and finally perform D/A conversion with its own internal FS clock for best D/A conversion quality.

Additionally you can leave ADI-2 Pro's  USB connected, then the DAW can access both devices by the one ASIO driver.

Then both devices still need to be clock synched and you need to take care that you configure the same ASIO buffersize for the two devices to not get time offsets between recorded tracks of the two devices.

Ideal is to configure multi-channel mode on the ADI-2 Pro so that all ports of the device can be accessed by the ASIO driver / DAW through its USB connection.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank You for helping me, I have anothe question. Adi 2 PRO seems to like to be powered on and off via front pannel switch. When is powered off and I decouple the mains power, the red ring stays lit a few moments until it starts to fade out.

If I decouple mains power with the unit powered on, it shuts down without fadind red ring (that's understandable). In this case, when I activate the mains again, it powers on automatically.

Is it there a problem to cut the mains power with the unit on ? I like the ideea to power on when senses power and to shut it down from main power switch, but can this create some troubles ?

I use it the same way ..
Shutdown PC , then power-off the power switch where all is connected to
- PC
- Screen
- UFX+
- ADI-2 Pro FS
- Geithain Monitors

2nd powerswitch has devices like
- 2 XTC
- Laptop Power
- Android quick charger
- office lamp

3rd powerswitch has
- guitar amp
- preamp of tubemic
- 2 Guitar multieffects
- PSU for stomp boxes

These powerswitches have a netfilter etc
Usually I need 1st durIng work 2nd
and when recording additionally the 3rd.

So for every main use case I have a power switch of its own.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I also have three Furmans, one for computer, UFX II, ADI 2 PRO, UAD, etc., one for Neumann KH310, one for Adam S2X.
So, if I cut the power from mains with the ADI 2 PRO on, there will not be any issue powering it on and off like that ?

6 (edited by ramses 2019-09-04 21:10:26)

I am using three of those.
So far no issues.
And I see no reason for an issue it's like an on/off switch outside of the device for multiple devices.
It should only support the load when all these devices power on.
My pc has an extra switch to be pushed so it starts a little later...

https://www.amazon.de/Brennenstuhl-Prem … 6668580781