Topic: new owner, 2 questions, adi-2 dac

Handsome piece of kit, my recently bought adi-2 dac. 2 questions.

1. If i have 6.3mm & 3.5mm plugged in at the same time, can I choose only one to have sound output? Currently its playing on both.

2. When I set Mute Line->off, its a little louder than vs. Phones. It feels like there is more power available. And I dont know if Im hearing things or the sound feels like its more "free" when Mute Line->off. Is that right? Or is there some setting Im not paying attention to? I checked the eq and the quick adjust bass and treble, both options for Mute Line->(off/vs. Phones) is the same.

Thanks for help.

Re: new owner, 2 questions, adi-2 dac

1. Set Mute Line to Toggle plugged.

2. Do you have speakers connected via Line Out? Those might be playing as well as all outputs are used simultaneously when Mute Line is set to Off.

1. Ah cool, went looking at the manual again, thats right, toggle plugged is the setting, I missed the part about pushing the volume button down to switch output.

2. I dont have speakers. But I tried unplugging all outputs except the one Im listening to. Still sounds like mute line->off is louder. Also more headroom for turning up audio.

You need to look closely. With Mute Line Off the Line EQ is used for all outputs. With Phones the Phones EQ. And BT and all the other settings...even including volume...set correctly there is zero change in sound.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ah ok, I tried max volume for iem, and mute line off and other options sound as loud and same. Or at min I couldnt tell, but I'll take your word for it that there is zero change in sound.

Lovely device this.

Im wondering if there is a client side interface in the works. Helpful for going through the menus and adjustments.