1 (edited by fairchild73 2019-09-20 20:34:00)

Topic: TotalMix Hardware fine gain increments?

I am trying to balance out my recording path with some tones, and I need to adjust my hardware gain inputs TotalMix by .1 dB increments. I can only get the gain change to happen in .5 dB increments.

is there a modifier for finer adjustments? If not, why?

I searched the forum for this issue before posting.

Re: TotalMix Hardware fine gain increments?

You mean the gain of analog inputs ... ?!

Yes .. and even if you double click and enter a value of i.e. 1.1 then it will stay on 1.0
If you enter 1.3 it will result in 1.5.
So it is rounded to 0.5 increments/decrements.

Holding Shift increments by 5.

UFX+ here, TM FX 1.61, driver 0.9685

I also think a lower resol of 0.1 might be useful by i.e. holding Shift key.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

You mean the gain of analog inputs ... ?!

Yes .. and even if you double click and enter a value of i.e. 1.1 then it will stay on 1.0
If you enter 1.3 it will result in 1.5.
So it is rounded to 0.5 increments/decrements.

Holding Shift increments by 5.

UFX+ here, TM FX 1.61, driver 0.9685

I also think a lower resol of 0.1 might be useful by i.e. holding Shift key.

+1.  Absolutely.  0.5db is most times too much.  I do fine tuning of level in Cubase all the time, by doing exactly as suggested above.  Holding down the shift key, while moving the fader.  I think this would be a great change to TM FX.

+1.
Would be good.

5 (edited by a392ac64d7 2020-01-22 22:10:46)

I don't know what the issue you are having is, but I've been an RME user for years. The only tricky thing about totalmix is that you get a different mix view depending on which of the bottom channels you select. The top row is inputs, the middle is virtual outs, and the bottom is real outs. So you have to send virtual outs to a real out by selecting the real out and turning up the faders on the respective virtual outs. I'm not sure if snaptube telegram-web  that helps, but that's something.