Topic: OSX 10.9.5 - Raydat updated to latest drivers - midi ports not working

Hi ,

i've just updated the raydat to the latest OSX drivers 4.13 and the midi interface doesn't work anymore , it's greyed out in the audio midi setup.

i tried this from the manual but it doesn't solve the problem :

20.3 MIDI doesn't work
In some cases MIDI does not work after the installation of the HDSP driver. To be precise, applications do not show an installed MIDI port. The reason for this is usually visible within the Audio MIDI Setup. It displays no RME MIDI device, or the device is greyed out and therefore inactive. Mostly, removing the greyed out device and searching for MIDI devices again will solve the problem. If this does not help, we recommend manual removal of the MIDI driver and reinstallation of the complete driver. Otherwise repairing permissions may help.
The HDSP MIDI driver is a plugin. During installation it will be copied to >Library/ Audio/ MIDI Drivers<. Its name is HDSP MADI MIDI.plugin. The file can be displayed in the Finder and also be removed by simply dragging it to the trash bin.

I booted from another HD with OSX 10.6.8 and old HDSPEe drivers , midi works ... so any suggestion please ?

Re: OSX 10.9.5 - Raydat updated to latest drivers - midi ports not working

I have seen other (old) MIDI drivers interfere. Check in that location and trash any MIDI plugins you do not use anymore.

Library/ Audio/ MIDI Drivers

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks Jeff but it didn't work , i also tried to update firmware and revert to previous drivers

but still a no go, it must be something with Mavericks , i'll be forced to update OS sad

if somebody has the same problem, here the solution: in the audio-midi setup i had to create a new setup from scratch and the raydat midi became available . For some reason an existing audio-midi setup doesn't get updated and the midi interface remains greyed out.

For what it's worth: the new driver 4.15_2 solves a similar problem. If old MIDI plug-ins are present then the Apple MIDI server starts in 32 bit mode. And that did not work anymore.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME