Topic: Pci compability

I can get a good deal on a pci card

The 9632 but my motherbaord is a new model.

Gigabyte z390 aorus itx wifi pro.

Small form factor, the only slot is a single pci express x16, running at 16x.

Can i fit a hdsp 9632 directly and without compatible issue ? ?

Running under windows 10 home 64 bit

Thanks

2 (edited by ramses 2019-10-10 17:41:47)

Re: Pci compability

Don't you need the PCIe 3.0 x16 slot for a graphic card ???

The hdsp 9632 is a PCI card which is not compatible to PCIe.

There are PCIe 2 PCI adapters like this: https://www.amazon.de/CSL-Schnittstelle … amp;sr=8-1

but do you really want to use the "precious" PCIe 3.0 x16 socket - which is usually for graphics cards -
for a simple PCIe card ?

The other question is, whether you get it mechanically stable.

Maybe you are better offwith an USB recording interface like the Babyface Pro or an AIO ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by MetalHeadKeys 2019-10-11 13:35:35)

Re: Pci compability

I have the 9632, and after upgrading my pc I could not use it for the same reason. No PCI slot. I researched the adaptors solution, but after reading some horror stories about chips frying, compatibility issues with the 9632, and potentially using an adaptor being a bet, I decided to get a Digiface USB ! And am I glad, I did!! And it costs almost as much as the 9632, new!

So what Ramses suggested is a better route to take, or if you already have external converters(with ADAT In/Out) you can consider the Digiface USB, for not breaking the bank. It has 4 ADAT Ins and Outs, which can also be set as SPDIF(depends on what you need), plus a headphones Out. And the RME drivers are the best in my experience!

If you elaborate a bit more about your setup, we can come up with more ideas!

Of course, I kept the 9632 as a backup solution, but have not yet built my backup pc.

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632