Re: Firmware Update ADI-2 DAC 27/33, Pro 213/97

I just bought a new Adi-2 DAC. How can I tell what firmware version it came with?

52 (edited by ramses 2020-08-16 15:50:35)

Re: Firmware Update ADI-2 DAC 27/33, Pro 213/97

Watch the display while powering on ...
V. XX

EDIT:

Alternative:

- install driver
- execute fut utility

it will tell you whether the device needs an update.

BR
Ramses
X10SRi-F, E5-1650v4, Win10Pro20H2, Cub11 Pro, UFX+, XTC, 12Mic, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, ARC USB

53 (edited by rjley 2020-08-16 16:05:00)

Re: Firmware Update ADI-2 DAC 27/33, Pro 213/97

ramses wrote:

Watch the display while powering on ...
V. XX

EDIT:

Alternative:

- install driver
- execute fut utility

it will tell you whether the device needs an update.

Thanks, I'm on V 34. What's the newest version?

Re: Firmware Update ADI-2 DAC 27/33, Pro 213/97

See product page -> Driver

There you see under "Flash Update" in the file description:

Update to version MADIface XT: 191/56/42, USB: 25, Pro 73. OctaMic XTC: 47/26. ADI-2 Pro: 213/98, ADI-2 DAC: 27/34, Digiface USB: 14, Dante: 36, AVB: 219, UFX II: 20/11/7.

So v.34

BR
Ramses
X10SRi-F, E5-1650v4, Win10Pro20H2, Cub11 Pro, UFX+, XTC, 12Mic, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, ARC USB

Re: Firmware Update ADI-2 DAC 27/33, Pro 213/97

ramses wrote:

See product page -> Driver

There you see under "Flash Update" in the file description:

Update to version MADIface XT: 191/56/42, USB: 25, Pro 73. OctaMic XTC: 47/26. ADI-2 Pro: 213/98, ADI-2 DAC: 27/34, Digiface USB: 14, Dante: 36, AVB: 219, UFX II: 20/11/7.

So v.34

Ok thanks, so I'm on the newest version.

56 (edited by Gilly 2020-08-19 19:18:07)

Re: Firmware Update ADI-2 DAC 27/33, Pro 213/97

Hi, just got my new DAC unit. It was on v33. Tried the update but now the screen is all white.

I tried factory reset (hold encoder one and volume whilst turning on) but this does not work for me.
Please help.

Re: Firmware Update ADI-2 DAC 27/33, Pro 213/97

Hello,

if nothing helps, please return the unit to the retailer for a repair or exchange.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Firmware Update ADI-2 DAC 27/33, Pro 213/97

Thanks. The retailer has agreed to exchange.

RME Support wrote:

Hello,

if nothing helps, please return the unit to the retailer for a repair or exchange.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Firmware Update ADI-2 DAC 27/33, Pro 213/97

Hello. Has there been a firmware update for toggling between IEM and Phones output?
I only ask because of this: https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=28229

Re: Firmware Update ADI-2 DAC 27/33, Pro 213/97

Couple of ideas for a future fw upgrade:
(1) i only realised “later” that bass, treble, loudness, eq, etc commands were NOT working ‘cos the frequency arriving from my Audirvana player was always (except DSD) 768KHz, and the RME cannot apply any filter over 384KHz. It would be nice to specifify on the device screen if you use a function that does not work. In my case Audirvana was oversampling whatever content to 768 and I had to max out the RME dac to 384KHz within the Midi settings.
(2) some more color combos for the eq (pmc/dsd)

Thanks

Re: Firmware Update ADI-2 DAC 27/33, Pro 213/97

jlm70 wrote:

Couple of ideas for a future fw upgrade:
(1) i only realised “later” that bass, treble, loudness, eq, etc commands were NOT working ‘cos the frequency arriving from my Audirvana player was always (except DSD) 768KHz, and the RME cannot apply any filter over 384KHz. It would be nice to specifify on the device screen if you use a function that does not work. In my case Audirvana was oversampling whatever content to 768 and I had to max out the RME dac to 384KHz within the Midi settings.
(2) some more color combos for the eq (pmc/dsd)

Thanks

For the first one, I think in the menu the item is not available, and in the top screen (details top screen) the funtion is not diplayed as active. For me it is sufficient, especially that upsampling to 768 kHz is quite an exotic (and useless) use of the product.

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables