Topic: RME Babyface Pro forgot TotalMix routing after turned off (standalone)

Hi there,

I have setup my Babyface to route ADAT 1 IN to ADAT 1 OUT, ADAT 2 IN to ADAT 2 OUT etc.
It works fine when the computer is turned on and even if I turn the computer off after doing the routing.

But when I turn the overall power off in my studio and turning it on again or when I just want to use the Babyface without a computer it seems the device has forgotten it's TotalMix settings and the routing does not work anymore.

Is this intended? Manual says it should remind the settings even when turned off?

Greetings
Felix

Re: RME Babyface Pro forgot TotalMix routing after turned off (standalone)

In stand-alone mode the mixer is limited to 2-channel routing. You can easily set a bypass of ADAT in to out, but only the first two channels. Full 8 channels digital through needs online setup and uninterrupted power supply when removing USB. An alternative to retrieve this setup might be using an iPad with the TotalMix FX for iPad app (saves you starting the computer).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Did I understand it right, this means if you need standalone capabilities with full amount of i/o ports and routing,
then recording interfaces like UC or UCX and above would be required ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

MC wrote:

In stand-alone mode the mixer is limited to 2-channel routing. You can easily set a bypass of ADAT in to out, but only the first two channels. Full 8 channels digital through needs online setup and uninterrupted power supply when removing USB. An alternative to retrieve this setup migh using an iPad with the TotalMix FX for iPad app (saves you starting the computer).

I See. Thx for the fast reply!