Topic: Fireface 400 and Xbox one. Audio through optical cable (SPDIF)

Hello There

I have a Rme Fireface 400 and a pair of yamaha hs7s. I recently bought an Xbox One and trying to hook it up to the RME Fireface 400 to get sound through the monitors. I have an optical cable in which I am attempting to link the xbox with the rme interface. I have tried going from the xbox into both the input and the output adat slot at the back of the rme and turned up the rme mixer total mix where it says SPDIF but have no signal. It would be seriously appreciatted if someone could help as to how i set this up in the total mix, fireface setting and if i put the spdif cable into the in or the out of the rme interface. I already have the xbox set to stereo sound and not surround sound.

THanks so much.

Daniel

Re: Fireface 400 and Xbox one. Audio through optical cable (SPDIF)

Hello!

First, you need to connect the cable from xbox optical out to FireFace's ADAT In.
Then you need to open the FF settings menu, and set the SPDIF Input to Optical (or the ADAT In setting to SPDIF In, I don't know how the FF settings menu is layed out). You will, also, need to set the word clock to Optical In for the devices to sync.
That should do the trick!

Please, report back, if you have any problems, still !

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

3 (edited by dirtyhippystudio 2019-10-25 16:01:43)

Thanks so much for relying to me. This is a very frustrating problem

I think i have done all that you said and still no sound

I have taken screenshots of all but cant seem to put images

Thanks again

Daniel

You 're welcome!

You can upload the screenshots here:

https://www.sendspace.com/

and paste the link in the next post, for me(and everyone else who's interested) to check it!

Don't worry, we 'll figure it out!

oh my , what a great tit i am. turns out i was doing everything correctly. i just had the wrong slider u. i found the real slider in the hardware inputs section and turned it up and it worked. i had only the spdif fader up on software inputs. whooops. thanks for help man.

Ha,ha! Great!

I'm glad it worked out for you!

You 're welcome!