Topic: UFX+ via Thunderbolt keine Midiports

Hallo ich habe mein UFX+ via Thunderbolt angeschlossen und bekomme die Midiports nicht zum laufen.
Equipment: Mac mini 2018 mit Mojave latest update, angeschlossen mit TB3 zu TB2 Adapter. Auf UFX+ ist aktuelle FW drauf und Treiber auch der aktuellste. kann jemand helfen? Danke!

Re: UFX+ via Thunderbolt keine Midiports

Ist in Arbeit.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Any update on this ?

Did you try the last 1.12 thunderbolt driver ?

Bertrand Allaume

I'm also experiencing disappearing MIDI ports. I'm using Fireface 400 via Thunderbolt adapter, MAC OS Catalina 10.50, Fireface Kernel driver v3.39, Unit v1.70.

Hi eriksan,

I want to use my old Fireface 400 on MAC OS Catalina 10.15
Is this possible? What should I do step by step?

Thank you for helping me out,
B

Hi blindsoccer,
It is possible. I use an Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire 800 adapter, to which I connect some generic Firewire 800 to Firewire 400 adapter to which I connect the Firewire 400 cable from the Fireface 400. (As an alternative, I have also used a Firewire 400 (male) to firewire 800 (male) cable, which can connect to the Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire 800 adapter. No need for the generic Firewire 400 to 800 adapter then, but I prefer RME's longer Firewire 400 cable, so I still use the generic adapter.) Install the laters drivers and firmware from RME's download section. However, DigiCheck currently doesn't work with this OS, until they update it.