Topic: Control Fader groups with ARC Usb

In short:

As it is now, pressing a button assigned to a fader group select that fader group, then it would be very usefull to be able to control this group volume with the rotary encoder, while that fader group is selected.

Then, when pressing that same button, it would disengage and revert the encoder to it's default function.

The same principle could be used for submixes, allowing to select different submixes and rebalance some elements in it.

These functions could be simply called "Fader group Volume" and "Submix Volume"

Could it be done?

I am the only one who would use these features all the time it the studio while tracking?

Cheers!

Re: Control Fader groups with ARC Usb

I insist...

I think this is already possible. I made a fader group to control my 5.1 mix. Main out is the master that is being controlled bij the rotary encoder of the ARC USB.

Hi! Thanks for your answer !

Indeed I can link different fader to the main out or any if the 4x phone out (I use a Hdspe MadiFx) but if I want to create a sub mix for drum, bass, synth, etc, I need to link these faders to an unused phone out (cause along with the main out, that's the only volume the encoder allow to adjust)

Is it me or there's an immense untapped potential, if there was a way to assign at least each fader group to the encoder, the monitoring level of any group could be ajusted straight from the ARC.

I have one group controlled by Phone 4 (which is not connected) and this is VERY handy.

Really no one see interest in this?

Is there a way I could use the ARC as a standard midi controller then? I don't want to get a mackie controller just to adjust some levels...

We have put this on our list. But I can give no date when it might be added.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

That's all I can ask for! Thanks for your answer!

+1 for the request of dyonight

+1 for the request of dyonight

Sorry for reviving the old post, but today I had struggled with the same situation, I thought when I assigned certain sources to fader group 1, then activate fader group 1 via ARC USB, the main encoder should now control all the fader group 1 faders, but it still controls main volume only. Of course route these faders to an unused phone output should work, but an obviously and directly function would be more efficiently.

Anyway, I've just played with ARC for 2 days, love it, it is so powerful!

This feature is on our list, but unfortunately not easy to implement. But I am sure it will come.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

This feature is on our list, but unfortunately not easy to implement. But I am sure it will come.

Thank you sir, that's great news, we can wait!