Topic: A simplified OSC layout for personal headphone mix

I have some old iPhones running touchOSC that I would like to install on stands around my studio to use as personal monitor mixers during tracking sessions. I am trying to make a simplified OSC layout for this application.  Many of my clients are not very technology literate, so I need the layout to be only 4 faders, labelled "You" "DAW output" "Click" and "Master. In my setup this would require the "You" and "Master" faders to control hardware output faders 3 and 11/12 respectfully, and the "DAW output" and "Click" faders to control the playback faders 5/6 and 7/8 respectfully.  Is it possible to build a layout that does this without having to switch pages or use the bus selection buttons used in the official OSC remote layout?

Re: A simplified OSC layout for personal headphone mix

Can’t answer your question as I never really used Touch OSC.
I am controlling Total Mix using Max and this works really well and i could design the UI according to my needs, through the Mira web package the patch can then be controlled from any smartphone through the browser.

Cool! I’d love to be able to use a web interface, how do you manage to route control signals from max to TMFX?

Update: I got this setup working! I use reaper as my DAW, so in reaper I set up a track for each headphone output. On each of those tracks there are instances of reaMIDIcontrol set to output the appropriate midi cc info to control the faders in TMFX. I use apple’s built-in midi loop back to send the midi output of those tracks to TMFX (each track on its own bus). In TMFX I set up the 4 available midi controllers to accept input from the 4 virtual buses coming from reaper. Lastly, I set up each phone as an OSC controller in reaper, and use Reaper’s midi learn to map the osc controls from the phones to the midi sliders in the reaMIDIcontrol

your scenario is another example of why myself and others are hoping to see global OSC support in totalmix sometime soon.

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=29422

Sheabug wrote:

Cool! I’d love to be able to use a web interface, how do you manage to route control signals from max to TMFX?

Via OSC: Sending normal Max messages to the udpsend object and receiving from udpreceive.

You might also want to install the CNMAT externals (easily done from the Package manager in Max) as they promise more robust support for OSC (not sure if necessary but I have them installed).
For controlling Max from a web Interface you will need the Mira and Miraweb Packages (can also be found in the Package Manager).

It is working fine in two different studios, took me some time to set it up and write the patches, but I’m very happy with it. Mostly using it for mute groups and fader volumes, in one studio even across two connected Interfaces and in conjunction with an ARC USB Remote. There I am using two OSC controllers in the two instances of Total Mix (4 Input and 4 Output Ports). I think that was necessary As a workaround, as there is indeed no global OSC support as mentioned above.