Topic: HDSP MADI (pci) to new pc, is there a good PCI bridge?

Hello,

I already tried to read and search as much as possible but i only find old and half information so i just try it again with a new post.

I've got an old RME HDSP MADi card on a PCI slot. I know all new MB doesn't have PCI anymore or with a bridge chip. My new Asus MB gives click and jitter so i don't have a good bridge chip in there.

The short question is, is there a good PCI->PCIe bridge who can handle the HDSP MADI card?
I did only found bridges who works with all rme cards but not the madi card (too much I/O), but most info is like 8 years old so anybody find a better PCI bridge in the meantime?

Thanks!

Re: HDSP MADI (pci) to new pc, is there a good PCI bridge?

Mainboards with PCI socket: https://geizhals.de/?cat=mbp4_1151&xf=489_1

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Mainboards with PCI socket: https://geizhals.de/?cat=mbp4_1151&xf=489_1

Like i said in the post i allraidy have a MB with a PCI slot. The problem is that modern PCI slots are not native anymore (but bridged with a chip) and will not work.

Only some bridge chips do work with RME like the startech pci to pcie adaptor but not the HDSP MADI because of the high I/O count. But all the forums are 8 years old about this subject so maybe somebody had found a solution?

Sry, I misunderstood, thought you referred to a an additional adapter.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I don't think there's ever been a specific test on which bridges will work better with higher channel count, sorry.
If you go back a few generations, you may still find some server boards with native PCI. Not sure which Intel chipset was the last one to offer that, however...
Alternatively, and perhaps easier to do, sell the PCI card and get the HDSPe MADI...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME