Topic: Can I play iPad audio when using TotalMix FX stand-alone?

Hi all
Does anyone know if I can play audio from my iPad into a UFX+ WHILST the iPad is being used to control the UFX+ (as a stand-alone unit) with TotalMix FX? My scenario is that I’d sometimes like to use a UFX+ as a mixer with a small band, controlled by an iPad running TotalMix FX. However, I’d like to also use the iPad to play background music during breaks. I assume that I’d just route audio from the iPad via the 3.5mm output and run this into a stereo input on the UFX+. This sounds logical to me but can someone let me know if this scenario would be feasible?

Cheers
Gary

Re: Can I play iPad audio when using TotalMix FX stand-alone?

The UFX+ is in CC mode then and the whole purpose of that is to be used with an iPad as recorder/playback machine. And you need TM FX for iPad to control the UFX+ at the same time. 3.5 mm output into UFX? That's like pushing your car while the engine is running...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Maddcow 2019-11-30 14:00:47)

MC wrote:

The UFX+ is in CC mode then and the whole purpose of that is to be used with an iPad as recorder/playback machine. And you need TM FX for iPad to control the UFX+ at the same time. 3.5 mm output into UFX? That's like pushing your car while the engine is running...

So what solution do you propose, MC, if I'd like to use the UFX+ and TotalMix FX (on an iPad) as a digital mixer in certain situations....and I require background music? Use yet another device?

My UFX+ has been ordered but will take another few weeks to arrive....so I can't test anything at the moment but need to research as much as possible so that I can get the system up and running ASAP once it arrives.

Perhaps I've misunderstood: is it possible to simply play back audio (using iTunes or other iOS app) through the iPad's lightning<>USB connection to the UFX+ whilst TotalMix FX is also running?

Of course.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ah great.  That's all I need...thanks heaps MC!