Topic: MIDI chaos: due to Totalmix FX?

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to use Midi Learn with an Octatrack through the Babyface Pro and an Ipad.

As the Octatrack doesn’t seem to receive the MIDI CC when i turn the filter knob, i try to check what happens with the MIDI with an app called MIDI Wrench that let me see the messages passing thru the iPad. I can see the clock messages, transport messages but there’s a ton of « invalid bytes » messages displaying. It stops as soon as I close TotalMix Fx app.

As i am using it only in Class Compliant, there’s nothing to setup the Midi settings in the Babyface Pro.

Any lead about these invalid bytes paquets of Midi? Migt be them who cause me troubles with Midi Learning? How to get rid of them so i can check what happens with the other apps?

Re: MIDI chaos: due to Totalmix FX?

These MIDI messages are communication between the TM FX app and the BF Pro. You already know how to stop them, so you will easily find the answer to your last two questions by trying without them.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: MIDI chaos: due to Totalmix FX?

Thanks. I guess my next question is: is closing the Totalmix app impacting Midi communication?