1 (edited by mjfe87 2019-12-18 11:02:22)

Topic: TotalMix Remote for iPad lagging / disconnecting

I'm trying to control TotalMix 1.63 on a MacBook Pro 2018 (OSX 10.14.6) using TotalMix Remote 1.16 on an iPad Pro (iOS 13.2.3) and it's constantly disconnecting -- and occasionally lagging, despite there being a router in the room.

When it disconnects it struggles to reconnect even if the iPad and Mac are side by side.  According to the wifi symbol on both devices, the connection retains strength throughout all of this.

We've tried several networks within the building, including a private one where our system was the only user.  The router is 1-2m from both devices.

The OSX Firewall is off.  We're using the default port and IP address of the network.  How do we improve this extremely frustrating behaviour, and is there any way to improve the responsivity of the mixer?  It's currently unusable as a reliable controller of Totalmix...

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk

2 (edited by ramses 2019-12-18 12:30:39)

Re: TotalMix Remote for iPad lagging / disconnecting

You need to find out whether this problem is a more WLAN specific problem or maybe an issue of Mac or Ipad or an application specific problem.

What do you mean precisely by ie "it's constantly disconnecting" ?
Is one of the two Apple devices loosing the connection from the WLAN ?
Does ie a contiguous ping from one to the other device run through without packet loss while the application has lag as you say or when "something" disconnects ?

Do you have a wireless router that tells you which WLAN channels are in use by other people so that you can choose a channel which is unused by others ?
Can you try to use another frequency band 5 GHZ instead of 2.4 or vice versa ?

Is maybe one of the devices defective, how stable is ie watching youtube video ?

Do you have Bluetooth devices or Microwaves running which interfere with wireless in the 2.4 GHZ frequency Band ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I am having this same issue. Was it ever resolved on your end?

dubline wrote:

I am having this same issue. Was it ever resolved on your end?

No, never got to the bottom of it - I assumed it was an unreliable connection due to the walls but signal strength on both devices looked okay.  I've since used the same setup with no issues on other network connections but these were indoor recordings...

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk