Topic: Can't run 96k session on Pro Tools Win10 Fireface 802

Hello. New Pro Tools Install on Win10 Home (i7-5930k 3.50GHz/32GB ram). Fireface 802 via USB. Latest version of Win10 and Pro Tools. I believe I have the latest RME driver.  Fire USB Settings> Date 27.06.19> 1.168 >13

Everything is perfect until I open a 96k session. Had Pro Tools error -6007 and then -6117. Started running Pro Tools as Admin and disabled all sound devices as recommended for those errors by Avid (also have a USB headset plugged in "KAVE 5.1" now disabled, was enabled when running 48k sessions no problem). Fireface USB Settings is switching back and forth with my Pro Tools sample rates. Still have error -6117.

When in 96k I'm getting clicks and pops in the system before disabling all sound devices. When in 96k now pro tools opens but give dialog to save and quit once my session is up. "PT unable to reacquire the hardware because it is used by another application".

Switching back to 48k session, it runs smooth.

I apologize if this is an obvious issue. Please enlighten my ignorance if you understand my problem. Thank you for reading.

2 (edited by MetalHeadKeys 2019-12-25 02:38:12)

Re: Can't run 96k session on Pro Tools Win10 Fireface 802

Hello!

Set sample rate in FF settings to 96K.
Set Buffer up to 1024 in FF settings.
Start as Admin on ProTools Icon, immediately press and hold "N" untill the "Setup Audio Device" appears.
Set accordingly to 96K and up to 1024(buffer) on PT Audio Device.

Or try it, by first setting up PT Audio device, without changing the Sample Rate in FF settings. Just the buffer size(up to 512, if you try it this way)

Maybe, this will help!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

Thank you for trying to help. I have tried 1024 buffer and a few others higher and lower. I can only adjust buffer size in the Fireface USB settings when on a PC. It's not selectable in Pro Tools. I'm still stuck.

You 're welcome!

I think you can change buffer size in PT by going to "Setup" -> Playback Engine -> H/W Buffersize. If you change it, PT would need to be restarted.

Can you try something else?
Open PT with 48K 512Buffer(set buffer in FF settings first), since this works, and create a new session using 96K sample rate.
What happens then? Do you still get errors?

PS. the buffer size needs to be up to 512 in 48K, because when you 'll set it to 96K it will be doubled(1024) and PT would crash, if it became 2048(by using 1024 in 48K)

Also, FF Clock Source needs to be set to "Internal"

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632