Topic: Snapshot lost. Help appreciated.

Hi folks. I recently turned off my Mac and RME UFX II for a week. When i turned it back on the last snapshot in Totalmix that i had saved is no longer there, even though some of my older snapshots are there. It was quite complex as it was a complete band tracking template, so it was quite important, and i don't even remember all of the settings. Is there a way to retrieve it? I had not ever backed up the workspace. Thanks

Re: Snapshot lost. Help appreciated.

All files are stored in the paths described in the manual, chapter 25.7.1, Store for Current or All Users.

TotalMix FX stores all settings, workspaces and snapshots for the current user in:
C.\Users\Username\AppData\Local\TotalMixFX

It would have been better to either save the single Snapshot as file or the whole Workspace, or just use the W hotkey to save the state individually. Before changing anything save all files in that folder to a different location. Then check if any of the files found have the snapshot information (they are readable in a normal text editor). If so you could rename the file to last.FirefaceUFXII1.xml, copy it over into the original folder, restart the computer and it should be loaded.

Note that your issue must have a reason. For example if the name changed from UFXII1 to UFXII2 a different file will be saved and loaded.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Snapshot lost. Help appreciated.

Thanks for the message Matthias. Yes, agree of course there must be a reason, but i cannot find it. I also could not find anything in the saved files that looked useful, not even any reference to the snapshots that had recalled correctly, so i'm really a bit confused about what has happened. Anyway, i started again, and have rebuilt the snapshot. Lesson learned and i have now saved the workspace. Thanks again for the help.