Topic: UFX and surround through windows

Really sorry if this is a dumb question.  I currently work in game audio, and looking to expand my set up.  I want to be able to mix in surround, which the UFX I know will handle very well, however, I would also love to be able to play the games I work on in surround as well.  currently i just use a onkyo reciever, but would love to hear the games on my Adams.  Can the UFX do surround straight out of windows?  If not is there a work around?  Thanks!

2 (edited by MetalHeadKeys 2020-01-21 02:16:20)

Re: UFX and surround through windows

Hello!

It is not a dumb question, at all !
And yes, you can enjoy your games through your Adams!

I suppose you mean the UFX II, but the procedure is the same for every RME audio interface. There is a section in the driver settings which is dedicated for setting WDM Devices. There you can configure which outputs you want to be used as WDM outputs(stereo/multi-channel) by the Operating System.

Here is the link to UFX II manual:

http://www.archiv.rme-audio.de/download … ufx2_e.pdf

and you 'd want to read Chapter 7.2, page 18, if you want to find out exactly how it works!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

Hi,

I just found this interesting post and now I looked into my Fireface UC driver configuration and there is no such "Config" button in the WDM menu. As it is said, the given information is applicabe for all RME audio interfaces, I am wondering what I am missing here?

Thanks for helping.

P.S. I am using the latest driver 1.168 and FW 138

Windows 10 Pro 2004

The USB series driver (not MADIface series driver) works differently. There you assign anything via the Windows Sound control panel. Just the number of WDM devices can be limited in the Settings dialog.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry, my bad!
I should have mentioned that the procedure is similar for every RME audio interface.

My choice of the "same" word, was referring to the fact that every RME audio interface's Outputs can be configured as surround Out in Windows.

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

Thanks for clarifying! smile