Topic: Total Mix + ARC USB snapshots not expanding/collapsing channel strips

Sent this bug to support. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue:

This is a small bug but it really reduces the usefulness of the ARC USB.

REPO:

1) Set up Total Mix with a couple different stored Snapshots that differ in fader levels and whether the channel strip is expanded or collapsed (the little left arrow to the right of the fader level text)
2) switch back and forth between Snapshots using the TotalMix UI and note that the fader levels change and the channel strip expand and collapse as expected
3) set up the ARC USB so the SNAP buttons map to your stored Snapshots above
4) using the SNAP buttons on the ARC USB to switch between the different Snapshots and note that the fader levels change (as expected), but the channel strips do NOT expand and collapse (this is the bug).

EXPECTED:

When you switch between Snapshots using the ARC USB the faders should adjust to the Snapshot level AND the channel strip should expand and collapse like when changing snapshots in the TotalMix UI

IMPACT:

I use Snapshots to adjust my workflow as I do different tasks (tracking, editing, mixing, etc). It is very useful. However with the bug above, switching between snapshots with ARC USB is useless because I don't get the correct view for my work flow. When I switch from tracking to mixing, channels that are no longer relevant are still expanded, cluttering the view.

It would be great if this small fix could make it into a future release of TotalMix.

Re: Total Mix + ARC USB snapshots not expanding/collapsing channel strips

nevermind.... looks like in the newest version of TotalFX they moved expand/collapse to Layout presets and stopped expand/collapse with Snapshots for both UI and ARC USB.

arrrgg...

OK I understand with the latest TotalMix release the expand/collapse "preset" has moved to Layouts and there is a new Option/Preferences - "Store channel open/cl. in Layout Preset"

Great - I have adjusted my workflow to use Layouts to expand/collapse channels to minimize clutter. Works fine from the TotalFX UI. But now there is a similar bug to the one above with the ARC USB.

In the ARC USB settings tab I set up a couple of buttons to Load Layout Presets 1, 2, and 3. However when I click on those buttons the Layout Presets and not selected. The channels show/hide but the channels do not expand/collapse. And the blue dot in the UI does not activate like it does when I use the mouse to switch Layout Presets.

I would expect clicking on the ARC USB button would be the same as clicking on the mouse version of the button.

So same bug, it just moved with the feature change.

Anyone else seeing this?

Have the same problem.

Me too. We will check.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

We released macOS USB driver 3.19 with TotalMix FX 1.65, fixing the open/close state for stored Channel Layouts loaded via the ARC USB. For Windows TM FX version 1.65 can be downloaded here:

http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/total … in_165.zip

Mac:
http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/total … ac_165.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME