Topic: Fireface UFXII & Soundforge

Hi, I have this problem: after stopping playback in Soundforge, the play cursor freezes and returns to the starting position after a while. This is very annoying when editing many items. I use RME Fireface UFXII sound card with ASIO driver. Does anyone know the solution so that the play cursor returns to the starting position immediately after stopping? I also work with DAW Reaper, and latency is fine. Thank you for your help.

https://imgur.com/2QOJ8t6

Re: Fireface UFXII & Soundforge

Its good that you compared with another DAW like reaper.
But you are not 100% clear on the point, whether you have the freezing cursor issue also in Reaper or not.

BTW .. What firmware and ASIO driver version ? Which version of Soundforge ? Numbers please not only "last".

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Yes, everything's 100% okay in Reaper. Problem is only with Soundforge when I set the ASIO MADIface USB driver in options. If I use eg Windows Classic Wave Driver in Soundforge, it is also fine.
I use Soundforge version 13.0 (Build 124) 64bit and RME Fireface UFXII, ASIO 2.3 support, driver date: 01.11.19, driver version: 0.9700, Hardware Revision: 19

4 (edited by ramses 2020-02-22 08:46:07)

If RME does not have a better idea than me, then I tend to recommend to ask Soundforge Support
whether they have an issue in software.

I can not remember any post with a similar issue in the past years.

Tell Soundforge support the issue is only with an ASIO driver. Maybe they have an issue how to interface with an ASIO driver.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Does it help to reduce the ASIO latency? I have an older Soundforge 11 and do not see that effect.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME