Topic: ADAT 2 Output not working

I’m using my Thunderbolt 2  UFX+ with the Expert Sleepers ES3Mk4 to send cv to my modular synth but am getting no output to the ES3MK4.What are the settings in total mix for this to function
Regards Richard

Re: ADAT 2 Output not working

Hi,

I have this same problem using UFX, my ES-3 is connected to the ADAT 2 out.

Did you get any further with this issue?

Cheers,
Henrik

The ADAT 2 Out port can be configured to work as a copy of AES out in Optical S/PDIF format. Please check the Fireface USB Settings panel. Uncheck the box for ADAT 2 : AES

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks,

there are no boxes to check in the settings that I can find, under options there are pull down choices for
ADAT2 Output > ADAT2/AES
AES Input Source > ADAT2/AES
AES Format > Professional
Bandwidth > All channels

(tried to upload image, but didn´t understand how)

Henrik

ADAT 2 Output should be set to ADAT 2

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks.

When sending signal to ADAT2, there´s signal in the mixer window, but no light on the ADAT2 led on the front panel of the UFX-hardware. Also, no signal coming through to the ES-3 (which receives CV)

H

..(contd) Note that the ES-3 is a "one-way", ie, only receiving from ADAT2 output.

henrikas wrote:

no light on the ADAT2 led on the front panel of the UFX-hardware.

That is a sync indicator for ADAT 2 INPUT so this is expected.

You can test the UFX ADAT 2 output itself by connecting the ADAT2 out back to ADAT2 in on the UFX with a single lightpipe cable (physical loopback). If you see the meter activity on the top row of TotalMix and on the UFX screen, the the signal is sent out as expected and the lightpipe cable is working.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks, all good now!