Topic: New Feature for Totalmix

Totalmix must mute all outputs when detects a change of sample rate.

When there is any change of sample rate from the DAW, my UFX+ produces a clic that goes to my monitors.

Last week I was trying an Apollo and this device mutes all outputs when there is a change of sample rate. It's a simple feature that I would like to have in my Totalmix.

Thanks.

Re: New Feature for Totalmix

I have no click when changing sample rates. You need to describe the setup in more detail. It might be the player software or the clocking situation (further units digitally connected and clock slaved) that causes this.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by jordikt 2020-03-10 16:05:56)

I use a basic setup:
1 macbookpro connected via thunderbolt to 1 UFX+ connected to 2 monitors via XLR.
DAW: Cubase 10

Cases:
1- There is no click when changing the sample rate directly in the dialog box of RME Thunderbolt Settings or FireFace USB Settings.
2- There is a click when changing the sample rate in Cubase

An example of case 2:
UFX+ is at 44100
Cubase is at 44100
Cubase opens a song saved at 48000
Automatically Cubase changes the sample rate of UFX+ to 48000
UFX+ makes a click (even when the output volume is muted in Totalmix)

The same happens when you change the sample rate from the song in Cubase. Example:
UFX+ is at 44100
I open a song that is configured at 44100 in Cubase
I change the sample rate of the song to 48000.
Automatically Cubase changes the sample rate of UFX+ to 48000
UFX+ makes a click (even when the output volume is muted in Totalmix)

The worst situation is when you are working with 2 songs opened, one in 44100 and the other one in 48000.
Everytime you change the focus between songs, there is a click in monitors.

As I said in my initial post, I tried an Apollo and this device doesn't make this click.
So I thought you could add this feature to RME devices.

Summary:
I ask for a solution to mute clicks when the sample rate is changed from external applications.

Thanks in advance.

Did you try a different application or daw too? Cubase might be causing the click maybe or even the mac audio subsystem might react different to cubase or rme app changing sample rate.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

I only work with Cubase.

I think the job of testing if the click happens with other DAWs should be done by RME workers.

Anyway, I assume that this click problem is usual with other DAWs, because Universal Audio remarks the feature of avoiding clicks in his advertising, and also it's well explained in the manual instructions of the Apollo device.